This February, we are supporting Lovepacs- a local program that provides meals to students in Lewisville ISD (among other area public schools) during extended school breaks, such as spring break. These children are on the free and reduced lunch program at school and might not otherwise be fed during an extended school break.
We kick off February with a noisy offering for Lovepacs on February 3. Then, we continue our month of support with a food collection drive from February 10-17! On February 24, the children in Faith Kids will get to help fill the boxes and write notes to the students. Here are the items we are collecting:
SHOPPING LIST - DO NOT STRAY from things on this list. Items are specified to these sizes and types for a reason.
- Cereal box, 10-16 Serving Size
- Vegetables, 15 oz
- Fruit (variety of cans), 15 oz
- Chicken and/or Tuna cans, 5 oz
- Peanut Butter jar, 16-18 oz
- Jelly (Plastic jar/bottle), 20-22 oz
- Chef-Boyardee type canned item (ravioli, spaghetti, etc), 15 oz
- Campbells' type Chunk Soup (any variety, NO CREAM SOUPS), 18.8 oz
- Apple Sauce (individual), 3 - 4 oz
- Ramen Noodles, Individual Packets
- Easy Mac, Individual Packets
- Instant Oatmeal, Individual Packets
- Pop-tart, Packets
Note: Someone already pledged to bring in all the granola bars and individual snacks that we will need, so we can focus on the other items. Thank you for the extravagant generosity!